Splinterlands Initiates Validator Node Sale

The play-to-earn game has started the sale of validator nodes in a bid to incorporate a decentralized business model.

Jun 1, 2022
by Michael
Splinterlands Initiates Validator Node Sale
News

Splinterlands has kicked off plans to embrace a completely decentralized business plan. On the 25th of May, the company started to auction off its validator nodes to the public using a proof-of-stake consensus mechanism which gives whoever stakes the highest number of SPS tokens a greater chance of becoming a validator node.

The Director of Growth at Splinterlands, Liam Labistour, praised the move, saying:

“The sale is a massive leap in the right direction for Splinterlands.”

This approach will reduce possible inflation as 80% of the tokens gathered from this sale will be burned immediately after a sale while the remaining 20% will be added to the DAO, and this move will allow players to coordinate DAO funds.

The sale will be in batches, and the number of tokens needed to purchase a node license will increase after every purchase of thousands of licenses. This sale is accessible through the website and is open to all validators to download and transact for free. Eligible node operators will earn 375,000 SPS tokens per month, while the remainder will be shared equally amongst other validators.

The Managing Partner at Blockchain Founders Fund, Aly Maghavji, commented:

“It’s great to see Splinterlands leading the way for decentralization and community participation in the blockchain and gaming space. This latest initiative demonstrates the teams’ deep commitment to the Splinterlands community.”

Splinterlands is a play-to-earn trading card game that records over 2 million cards transacted daily and more than 10 million games played per day. The game has been played more than 2 billion times across 146 countries, and it is currently available in 10 different languages.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this page do not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the website's content as such. Individuals should do their own research before taking any actions related to the product they read about and carry full responsibility for their decisions.
We have sent you an email, please confirm!


News Filter
Play Games Now
Galaxy Fight Club
Galaxy Fight Club
illuvium
illuvium
Gods Unchained
Gods Unchained