Chicken Derby Is Getting Its Own Token, $BAWK
$BAWK will be the core token of Chicken Derby, and is set to launch in a presale where everyone will be able to claim tokens using ETH or USDT, with 70% of the total supply set go on sale.
The developers of Chicken Derby, a blockchain 2D chicken racing where you compete to earn ETH, have announced that the Web3 title will be getting its very own token called $BAWK, with a presale planned to take place in the future.
According to the announcement in the official Discord server and based on the new details available in the whitepaper, the game’s upcoming new currency will come with a 2 billion supply, 70% (1.4 billion) of which will be available for everyone to claim in a presale using ETH or USDT, while the remaining 30% will be used for community rewards, liquidity, and marketing. An unspecified amount from that 30% will be airdropped to Chicken holders after the presale, as well as to those who have been active in Racing and Fusion, according to the whitepaper. The Discord announcement mentions that the amount airdropped will depend on the number of Chickens you hold, the amount of Races ran and the number of Fusions performed. A snapshot for the airdrop will take place, with specific details and date of the snapshot set to be announced after the presale.
The first 33k tokens in the presale will come at a price of $0.0033 USDT per token. Once those are sold out, the price will continually rise until the presale is over, encouraging interested users to try and purchase tokens sooner for a lower price.
In terms of utility, the developers will introduce new races next to the WETH ones: Racing For $BAWK. As such, the entry fee will require paying with the new token, while the races will actually have a 0% rake, making it so that all tokens are given back to the community instead of taking a 10% fee like with the current model. New distribution models will be included in the new racing category, such as Top 6, Winner Takes All, and more.
$BAWK will allow players the option to purchase Stadiums in the future. The introduction of Stadiums means that players will soon be able to host their own races, thus paving the way for community events and tournaments. It will also be possible to buy tradable shares in a Stadium, allowing you to own a part of it alongside other players while still being able to host races in it.
For more details, be sure to check out the new page on the official whitepaper here.