Spielworks Launches Refundable NFTs, Wombat Reverties, in Collaboration with Mycelium Network
Wombat Reverties are refundable NFTs on the Polygon network launched by Spielworks in partnership with Mycelium Network. The first edition is usable for staking in Wombat Dungeon Master and comes with a supply of 5000, available for minting at $25 USDC per NFT and possible to refund for the same amount in the same stablecoin.
Players of the Wombat Dungeon Master game can now mint these unique NFTs for a mint price of $25 USDC per mint. They can be used for staking in the aforementioned blockchain title, and can also be traded on NFT marketplaces such as Magic Eden and OpenSea. If you no longer want to use the Wombat Reverty NFT labeled as a Small Wombybank, then you are free to get a refund on the same official page you minted at, with the refund given in the same currency used for minting.
As of writing, 42 out of a total 5000 of these NFTs have been minted so far. According to the FAQ, the USDC you pay for minting ends up getting auto-deposited into an Aave lending pool in order to generate interest. This interest is not rewarded to holders, but is instead used for buying back and burning $WOMBAT tokens, for supporting their new partner, Mycelium Network, but also for supporting The Wombat Protection Society of Australia (WPSA), with 80% of the interest used for buyback and burn, while the remaining 20% is allocated to the Web3 platform and the WPSA.
The FAQ also clarifies that, while the first versions of Wombat Reverties offer a full, 100% refund, that may not be the case in future editions, and that these newer editions may provide refunds in $WOMBAT instead of USDC.
You can mint these refundable NFTs through the official website found linked in the tweet down below.