Star Atlas and The SANDBOX celebrate their partnership by giving out major prizes worth over $50,000
The Metaverses are giving out prizes worth over $50,000 to celebrate their groundbreaking collaboration in a cross metaverse space-themed contest called the Star Atlas VoxEdit Contest.
The Star Atlas VoxEdit contest involves an imaginary trip by participants to a territory controlled by one of the three main galactic factions in the Star Atlas — MUD, ONI or USTUR after which they are to report their findings by creating a design of a Non Player Character (NPC) they met there using the SANDBOX free VoxEdit software.
Participants are to also design an immersive and entertaining headpiece for the NPC with the same software to display the cosmic sounds they were inspired by while exploring the galaxy. This is to pay homage to BLOND:ISH, the metaverse artist and creator who already lives and creates on both ecosystems.
For entry submission, participants are to:
- Create a GIF of their fully animated asset. (We recommend using Gyazo)
- Tweet the asset’s GIF mentioning @VoxEdit, @TheSandboxGame @staratlas on Twitter with the #VoxEditWeekly and #WeAreStarAtlas hashtags in theTweet.
- Fill out this Google Form to finalize the submission
The Top 10 entries will be rewarded with the following:
- 1ST: 20,000 SAND & Opal Bitboat Ship
- 2ND: 15,000 SAND & 2X Calico ATS Enforcer Ship
- 3RD: 8,000 SAND & Ogrika Mik Ship, Busan Trill of Life Ship
- 4TH to 10TH: 1,000 SAND
- Best BLOND:ISH headpiece: Ogrika Mik Ship & Busan Trill of Life Ship
Commenting on the collaboration, COO of The SANDBOX, Sebastian Borget said:
"We are proud to be partnering with Star Atlas and are excited to develop new projects with the franchise, this contest is the beginning of a new bridge linking metaverses to each other, with the goal to bring more content and cross-platform integration to both of our audiences. We can't wait to see the amazing assets that our communities will create!”
Entry submission closes on the 15th of this month, and the results will be announced on the 11th of June.