Top 5 Metaverse Games by Market Cap So Far
If you’re looking for metaverse gaming projects with tokens that currently have the highest value, then this list of top 5 metaverse games by market cap so far is for you. Some on the list include The Sandbox, Illuvium, and more.
Looking for the biggest gaming projects in the metaverse? Then you may want to check out these top 5 metaverse games that currently have the highest market cap so far.
1. The Sandbox – This voxel-based metaverse leads the way in current market conditions, with its core token, $SAND, fancying a market cap of around $844 million as of writing. It’s by far one of the biggest metaverse platforms around, sporting a huge amount of partnerships with renowned brands, including Ubisoft, The Walking Dead, Snoop Dogg, and many more. The platform is set to be home for not only a diverse range of video games that can be made using their own no-coding engine, but also for virtual concerts and many other experiences too.
2. Axie Infinity – Known for its famous run during 2021, the game’s governance token, $AXS, continues to remain among the top 5 despite there being decreased interest in the project due to the crash in earnings that followed the craze in the aforementioned year. Its market cap currently sits at around $812 million, and the developers continue to further expand the game’s ecosystem, creating a metaverse out of it through the creation of the Ronin Network through which there are now community-made games set in the same universe, while work on Axie Land gameplay is well underway.
3. Decentraland – The oldest crypto-based metaverse project around, $MANA used to be the most valued cryptocurrency in the metaverse sector, but has fallen off slightly since and now has a market cap of around $720 million. It’s perhaps the most functional blockchain metaverse currently around, playable through web browsers and through its downloadable launcher, featuring various different experiences made by its community, with the team further continuing to improve the project by updating its developer tools to make them more accessible and allow creators to make even better experiences.
4. Illuvium – In development in Unreal Engine 5, features beautiful visuals and will comprise of an auto-battler, a land strategy game, and a third-person open-world to explore. It’s coin, $ILV, has a market cap of around $236 million, and was probably one of the most hyped gaming projects around during the 2021 bull market, reaching an all-time high of around $1911 with a market cap of around $1.1 billion, while the price is currently at about $42. The developers continue to push out stunning sneak peeks of their work in the game’s official Discord server, with plans to launch the metaverse title in open beta on Windows and Mac sometime this year.
5. Floki Inu Valhalla – The $FLOKI token has a market cap of around $228 million and comes with its very own gaming metaverse called Floki Inu Valhalla. It’s supposed to launch on mainnet sometime this year, allowing players to enjoy a 3D open-world featuring an in-game economy powered by the $FLOKI token. Until then, the play-to-earn NFT gaming metaverse is available in testnet, which you should be able to access by following the detailed instructions found on the official website.