Top 5 News Events to Watch in August
Some of the top 5 news events to watch in August include the start of the MetaFight Summer Draft Season, as well as the the MixMob Neo-Mania Tournament, among others.
Here are the top 5 news events to watch out for in the upcoming month of August!
1. MetaFight Summer Draft Season – the Summer Season for MMA management game MetaFight is scheduled to start on August 1st, and will be divided into 4 different fighting periods, each of which last 11 days. There will be new leagues to participate in, making the upcoming season accessible to both veteran and new players.
2. Binance Bixel Challenge – Binance has just officially launched its own AI NFT generator, Bixel, allowing users to create AI-generated images that can be minted into non-fungible tokens. To celebrate, they’ve kicked off a competition where the top 10 creators to receive the highest amount of votes for their NFT will be awarded with 1 BNB each. While the challenge started on July 26, the same day the tool went public, you have until August 10th to try and generate the best digital art, so long as you have a KYC’d account and enough BNB to pay the minting fee.
3. MixMob Neo-Mania Tournament – This card battle racing game just recently went free-to-play, and to mark the occasion, the developers are looking to host the Neo-Mania Tournament, which will be an open competition available for anyone to jump into on August 3rd, through which the top 50 will be able to win tokens and potentially other rewards.
4. Japan’s PM Kishida Teases Metaverse Project As Binance Looks to Scale Services on New Japanese Platform – Japan’s Prime Minister Fumio Kishida teased work on a metaverse project by a large Japanese company over at the WebX conference in Tokyo, Japan, while stating that “Web3 is part of the new form of capitalism.” Coincidentally (or not), Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao announced on the same day that his exchange’s services will be rolling out on a new Japanese platform in August.
5. AlterVerse Is Introducing SkyReign Immortals – SkyReign Immortals are labeled as the world’s “first MMO-faction NFTs” that will be available for minting on August 19th for whitelisted users only. Anyone can try to apply for the whitelist, which contains a supply of 1000 non-fungible tokens priced at $50 USD each. The total supply of the collection is 9,999. In the future, there will be a public pre-mint in September, followed by an open beta mint potentially in November this year.