US based Carnival Cruise Line Set to Provide Travel Services in the Metaverse
Carnival Cruise Line has recently submitted trademark applications to United States Patents and Trademark Office (USPTO) for use in the metaverse and non-fungible tokens (NFT) space.
Carnival Cruise Line, an international cruise line headquartered in Doral, Florida has submitted four trademark applications for its unique “funnel” logo, its name, “Carnival” and “Choose Fun” to enter the metaverse and non-fungible token (NFT) space. The cruise line is one of the many subsidiaries of Carnival Corporation & Plc which was established in 1972.
Carnival Cruise Line Plans in the metaverse
Michael Kondoudis, the famous metaverse trademark attorney, disclosed in a tweet that Carnival Cruise Line submitted its plans in the metaverse to the United States Patents and Trademark Office (USPTO) on the 23rd of August, 2022.
The company hopes to provide the following services in the metaverse;
- Downloadable multimedia file relating to travel and image files containing scannable QR codes authenticated by non-fungible token (NFTs).
- Provision of an online marketplace for buyers and sellers of downloadable digital goods authenticated by non-fungible token (NFTs)
- Retails store services featuring virtual goods such as apparel, headwear, footwear, jewelry, handbags and accessories, electronic consumer products, drinkware, toys, home decor, photography and holidays decorations for use in online virtual worlds.
- Provision of Travel agency services namely making reservations and bookings for transportation of passengers and tourists by land, air and water accessible in virtual worlds
- Entertainment services namely providing virtual environments in which users can interact for recreational and entertainment purposes.
Several other cruise lines have debuted the Web3 space before the trademark application of Carnival Cruise line. The Norwegian Cruise Line launched the first ever NFT collection in the cruise industry in April. Meanwhile, Celebrity Cruises also released its “Peacemakers Sunset” NFT collection in May.